European Haematology Association (EHA) Appointment
We are extremely pleased and proud to announce the appointment of the ITP Support Association Trustee Mr Derek Elston to the European Haematology Associations, European Affairs Committee as the second patient representative from the Patient Organisation Workgroup. This is a three year appointment. The committee comprises numerous eminent haematologists from all over Europe and is chaired by the President and Vice President of EHA.
The European Affairs Committee (EAC) represents and promotes the interests of haematologists and haematology by engaging with EU Institutions and other relevant stakeholders. The EAC serves as an advisory body to the EHA Board and works closely with the EHA office and other EHA Committees.
Their tasks and responsibilities are :
- Raise awareness of haematology as a distinct medical discipline with specific needs.
- Increase the visibility of EHA as a representative of all haematologists in Europe.
- Advocate key EHA positions vis-à-vis policymakers and interest groups.
- Contribute to policy debates to influence future legislation/regulation.
- Build relationships and alliances to support and strengthen EHA advocacy work.
- Represent EHA in its advocacy activities and projects.
© ITP Support Association 28th October 2020